Chances are if you’ve got an online store, blog or marketing funnel you’ve already spent countless hours researching every possible way to grow your website revenue.
Trawling through endless blogs, forums and expert analysis looking for the secrets to spark further online success.
Along the way, you probably came across the idea of adding a recent sales popup or live sales notification to your website.
Now you’re interested and want to know more. You see this is the same psychology that makes the recent sales notification popup work so well.
You can’t help but read on and stick around a little longer. The truth is, online sales growth depends on several key factors. From capturing the attention of website traffic to keeping them interested long enough to be convinced that the investment is worth every cent. When the majority of traffic clicks off your website after only 10 seconds, keeping visitors around a little longer can make a big difference in the long run.
What is a recent sales notification popup?
In a globally connected world of tech lovers and advanced handheld devices, notifications and quick-fire messages have very much become the norm. The average smartphone receiving up to 80 notifications per daycovering anything from the number of steps walked in the past week to a crypto price change update.
The recent sales pop up notifies website visitors with a specific message about the most recent purchase.
Some platforms provide additional information on the location, name, gender, age, etc of the buyer to add greater context and credibility to the notification.
The recent sales notification will popup for a few seconds, depending on the popularity of the website and be replaced with the latest registered sale. Also known as the latest conversion notification, the frequency of popups will depend on the type of product, service and brand integrating the sale prompting strategy.
Why use a recent sales notification popup and how can they help grow website revenue?
Online sales have a contagious quality. Anyone that has watched a live website order dashboard will have seen that sales aren’t linear, but typically happen in batches at key times. With that recent sales notification popups can be utilized at key online shopping periods to maximize the potential for website revenue. Amongst that there are a series of reasons why websites use recent sales popups:
- Social Proof & Credibility: Increase the level of interest in a particular product or service by evoking social proof from sharing genuine purchases from real customers.
- Enhance Popularity & Desirability: Showcase just how popular a product or service is by revealing recent sales, leading visitors to see the item with a new sense of desirability.
- Reduce Hesitancy: By boosting trust and credibility factors through notifying website visitors of real-world sales, the hesitancy to make a purchasing decision weakens, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
- Pattern Interrupt: One of the biggest marketing trends driving online shopping and sales is facilitated through interrupting people’s pattern of thought by guiding their attention to messaging that influences conversion actions to be undertaken quickly.
- Automates Social Marketing: The most powerful way to market isthrough word of mouth, recent sales notification popups emulate the same social elements that contribute to why word of mouth works.
All of these socio, psychological factors enhance the capacity of a website to make greater sales and grow its revenue faster than without incorporating recent sales notifications.
Is a recent sales notification right for your online business?
No two websites are completely the same.
They might have similar branding, products or price points, but when you dive deeper each has its methodology and way of doing things. However, businesses all share the same set of ideals when it comes to engaging with their customers. They are set up to maximize conversions in whatever form the website is geared towards.
As shown previously, recent sales popups can offer several benefits, but with any sales and marketing tool, there needs to be a pre-evaluation of the reasons for and against before incorporating. Let’s explore the pro’s first:
- Maximize peak and trough sales demand with automated sales popups creating continuous demand.
- Tailor recent sales notifications to boost high margin, surplus stock and targeted product lines.
- Increase immediate sales demand and probability for quick purchases and conversions to be completed.
- Boost consumer confidence that the website is established, genuine and trustworthy.
On the flip side of the social marketing equation, there are also cons to fully evaluate:
- If the frequency of popups is too high it could impact the online experience and potentially increase user drop off rates.
- If recent sales popups appear to lack authenticity it could decrease trust levels and confidence in the website brand and potentially damage sales.
- Increase the return rate with a higher mix of purchases based on an impulse buy.
- Impact the brand adversely if increased orders cannot be fulfilled within the expected time frames.
When you carefully weigh up both sides of integrating live sales popups, it shows the need for a clear strategy and monitoring to measure the true impact of campaigns.
How to add a recent sales notification to my website?
Now you know the what, why and how of recent sales popups. You’ve probably decided to give the social proof notifications a try. An easy way to get started is to use a custom notification app, like Igniterfy. It’s free to sign up and create an automated live sales notification in only a matter of a few clicks and simple steps:
- Create a Campaign: Start by defining a campaign and outlining the specific deliverables behind integrating a recent sales notification popup.
- Install Pixel: With the unique piece of JS code, simply copy and paste into the HTML code of the website where the sales notification will be live influencing potential customers.
- Select Latest Conversion Notification: From the list of 20+ website notification options, select the latest conversion widget. An example will popup to clarify you’ve selected the correct notification type.
- Customize Notification: Change the design and specific details of the visitor counter to match the branding or marketing requirements of the website it’s connected to.
- Go Live: Update the status to active and now your recent sales notification is live.
Once live, you can log into Igniterfy’s intuitive dashboard to measure the exact impact the recent sales notification is having on website conversion and overall sales.
Data associated with total impressions, clicks and views can be compared in real-time against actual website traffic and sales. Presenting further analysis opportunities to see patterns in performance and whether campaign changes generated positive increases.
With premium plans offering unlimited campaigns and notification impressions, Igniterfy is doing all the hard work on autopilot.
Get started today with Igniterfy and see first-hand how recent sales notification popups can grow your website revenue.